Our proposals include:
- 106 new homes designed to reflect the local area, including apartments, two, three and four-bedroom homes;
- 46% of the new homes provided as affordable housing;
- New open public spaces;
- A new children’s play area (LEAP, local equipped area for play);
- Maximum retention of hedgerows fronting Hailey Road and sensitive landscaping throughout the scheme;
- Vehicle access from Hailey Road;
- Additional pedestrian and cycle links to Hailey Road;
- Driveway and visitor parking;
- Electric car charging points;
- Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems (SUDS).
There will be a mix of one-bedroom apartments, two-bedroom apartments and three-bedroom houses within the affordable housing mix. Within the homes for private sale, there will be apartments, two-bedroom houses, three-bedroom houses and four-bedroom houses.
Affordable Rent is rent that costs up to 80% of local market value for that type of property in rent. Service charge is included in the price of rent, if applicable. To be eligible for Affordable Rent you have to be a household who is eligible for social rented housing.
Intermediate housing (Shared Ownership):
This is where you buy a share of your property ranging from 25-75% and you pay rent on the remaining amount which you do not own. After owning your share for a certain amount of time you will have the opportunity to buy a greater share in the property until you own 100% of your home or you can sell the current percentage share you own. You have to pay service charge on top of this, if applicable. You will need a deposit for this.